United Bank & Trust takes proactive steps to help you avoid the financial challenges of overdrafts. Here, we explain our standard overdraft practices and how to prevent fees. Talk with us about setting up an overdraft solution to provide you with peach of mind; after all, you will only be a charged a fee if you use the service and can cancel at any time.
What you need to know about overdrafts and overdraft fees.
When you don’t have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, we pay it for you anyway. We can cover your overdrawn transactions in two different ways:
- Through standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- By synching to an overdraft line of credit or to a home equity line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
United Bank & Trust does not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions, such as for gas and grocery purchases
We do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction; instead, we use our discretion. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if United Bank & Trust pays my overdraft?
- $32 each time we pay an overdraft
- An extended overdraft notice fee of $15 will be assessed if your account remains overdrawn for eight consecutive calendar days, and every 8th consecutive calendar day thereafter, until the account returns to a positive balance.
- On a daily basis, we will charge no more than six overdraft fees.
Would you like to enable overdraft service on your account?
To enable overdraft service on your account, simply contact your local United Bank & Trust location today and we will be happy to assist you. Without your permission, any overdrawn purchases made with your debit card, or ATM withdrawals exceeding your balance, will be declined.